Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Home again home again back the same day

Vienna is a nice city. But it is even nicer when you are with people you love. The AFS trip was far too short, but definitely worth every minute I spent waiting in the Brno train station. My friend Aurelie has only ventured out of that station once in Brno, to the KFC across the street. I got the grand tour from my lovely Brazilian friend Marina.

We did not see to many sights in Vienna, but it was a lot of fun. I learned how to make friends with body language from like 5 different countries, along with numerous words that will not make you any friends :D I still love it when people see someone from their own country and start speaking together in their native language. It is always so cool. I wish I had one that nobody would understand, but oh well. I like being able to talk to everyone. And now, I am fluent(coughcough) in Japanese and Portuguese, so I am on my way.

Nothing too exciting happening at home these days. I slept 12 hours last night, and man did it feel good! I had a skype lesson yesterday with my violin and viola teacher from the US. It was so nice to see her, and to have a lesson! School is still chugging along, and sometimes I understand more than others. I have gotten a bit lax lately about workign on my Czech. I want to have the best Czech when we finish this year, well besides Tari from Italy whose mom is Czech, so already is fluent. So, I have better get working!

Unfortunately, my camera was dead on the Vienna trip, but you can look at facebook and probably see most of the pictures.

Lots of love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment