Tuesday, November 2, 2010

totally overdue.

Sorry about how long it took me to update! I have been pretty darn busy the last couple of weeks, and they have been some of the best weeks of my life. Barcelona is the San Francisco of the world, and I was ready to wave my amazign family who I love very much goodbye and stay there! The metro, Gaudi, the Picasso Museum, The sunshine, the ocean, the food, the hustle and bustle. It was a dream. We also stayed in the nicest hotel room of my life. If any of you visit Barcelona, czech out :D Just Style Apartments. Sounds corny, but it was gorgeous and they had a full kitchen and did your dishes. Yeah. I am in love. They didn't provide breakfast, so no way they can touch the Hyatt Regency in Delhi on that one. But the room was spectacular.

We got home and I had a day, then my lovely friend Joyce, originally from Hong Kong, came to stay with me for a couple of days. We celebrated Halloween, carving an intense pumpkin and eating candy corn. Yesterday, I finally got the box of Halloween goodies Nani, my grandmother, sent, but unfortunately, Halloween had already passed. Oh well! But one of my classmates said next week we are going to "celebrate" halloween in english class. I guess I will have to share that last bag of candy corn....

Saturday, we were in Praha. My plan was to finally go to Prague Castle, since I have wanted to since I got here, and it was my fourth visit. We went shopping instead. :D I got a cute shirt from H and M and some tights, and I ended up being the only who got anything! We saw "the first Czech hit musical", Děti Ráje. All I got out of it was Showboat, minus Old Man River and gorgeous sets, plus smoking and a diskoteka. Oh, and Czech. haha. It was so hot in the theater, but I was glad that I went.

Sunday, I spent the day with some AFS friends. They had slept over at Aurelie's, but we got back to late at night for that. We went to the pool, but my friend Sven's swim trunks were too long. Apparently, at this pool, you have to wear a speedo .They offered him some he could borrow, but funnily, he decided to go out for coffee instead. Silly Sven!! haha, but it was a lot of fun anyways.

I have started running again, partially because I really do like it, and partially because I cannot find Czech jeans I like, so mine have to fit for a while yet! All these chocolate bars take their toll! But, I am just living to what AFS stands for. Another Fat Student. :D

I feel like my czech would be improving a lot quicker if Czech songs were the ones stuck in my head. On the radio, they play mostly American pop hits. And I do not own any Czech music, besides a bit of Dvořák, so I am really not listening to it much. hmmm. I guess I have a project!

Life here isn't perfect, but it is pretty darn close. Lots of love to all of you, and pictures to come, once I pick a few out of the 600 I took,

Čau!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you seem to have found your groove a bit more now! We miss you! Have a BLAST! I still wish I had your guts, girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AFS = Another Fat Student.
    HAHAHAHAHA. that's great :)

    Belgians really seem to like American pop music as well. And I was hoping I'd leave that behind...ah well. Still...it's Europe!

    ReplyDelete