Saturday, August 28, 2010

Weggies!

So, you know how in my last post, I said that I did not miss Wegmans yet? Well, now I do. I never anticipated how hard it would be to find mango and cardomom. I guess it´s my host father´s birthday today, so they´re having some friends over for a barbecue and they wanted me to make some Indian food. I tried to make a tandoori marinade from Chicken makhani spice mix, it was... interesting, but we will see how it tastes. I also made Indian rice pudding, which took about 10 years, and I doubled the recipe so we have kheer coming out of our ears.

but I really have not done anything exciting today, so here are some pictures.


The town square. It is gorgeous and like most Czech Houses, unabashedly colorful.


We made muffins. We did not have a muffin pan, because Mami does not believe in things with only one use, but we were able to borrow one from some relatives. But the muffins were quite tasty.

This one is for DV and my math class. DV was always talking about RC cola when we were doing matrices, but I had never seen any until now.

traditional Czech food. That is a hunk of Edam that has been battered and fried and served with french fries and tartar sauce. Which reminds me. In czech menus, they have a "meatless meals" section. First item on this one was fried cheese with ham. It is a different definition of meatless.

The garden, which I would classify as a farm. It is huge.
P.S.Did anyone else freak out when they heard Csardas at the beginning of "Alejandro"?

1 comment: