Tuesday, September 14, 2010

RAWR!!! I am an irrelevant dinosaur!!!

So, what I am dying to blog about and see and show pictures from is still under wraps. But I will tell you guys that I had an absolutely amazing Saturday. the only downside was that it left me with a horrible cold, but then again, it is probably because of school. I guess the administration at school is really stingy.
Exhibit A: No heat, but school is FREEZING!
Exhibit B: I had my first test yesterday. I had to pay for the blue book to do it in. ouch.
Exhibit C: No kleenex! I did not have enough to deal with my faucet-nose cold, and it was a miserable day.

It makes me appreciate Harley, where teachers throw parties for you and give you presents :)
but mostly the heating. I have been wearing two cardigans layered over a long sleeve shirt and trying to be cool about it, but there is only so much "cool" I can stand.

But on the bright side, if you sit in the sun, it is almost okay, and I got my schedule figured out.

Ponděli
1. Zeměpis(geography)
2. French
3. Matematikas
4. Fyzika
5. Spanish
6. English

Úterý
0. and 1. Music
2. Matematikas
3. English
4. French
5. Biology
6. German

Středa
0. PE! Yuck!
1. česky jazyk
2. Math
3. Either music or IVT. We will have to wait and see.
4. French
5. free(maybe this means I can eat lunch at a reasonable hour/ not 2:30)
6. Fyzika

čtvrtek
1. German
2. Matematikas
3. Česky Jazyk
4. French
5. French
6. History
7. Lunch
8. Biology
9. Georgraphy

Pátek
0. PE This means catching the bus at 6:30 on Fridays!!!
1. English
2. Česky Jazyk
3. Fyzika, but it alternates weekly with chemistry, which I dropped, so we will see what happens then
4. Spanish
5. Music with Jana§s class
6. German

Definitely not my harley schedule, or how I would set it all up, but I wanted to stay with my class as much as possible, and take classes that I can understand a bit of. You may have noticed that my amount of language classes per day clocks in at just over three. But that is split between FIVE languages. Yowza. I was pretty proud of myself, until I talked to my Belgian friend, and he was like, "yeah, when I get home, I will have 6." Silly Belgians!

Enough about school. So, my main concern living in a small town is being able to keep up with my music. I have tried two "orchestras". One that bears a striking resemblance to Harley Band in Novy Jicin, and one very similar to KSSO in Ostrava. I really enjoyed the rehearsal I dropped into for the Ostrava Orchestra, and they have some really talented players, but it is no RPYO. I miss you guys soooooo much. I haven§t found a teacher yet either, but hopefully the music school in Novy Jicin will have some connections. Good news on the music front is that I have been offered violas from two places! There is a soon to be quartet at my gymnasium, and the Ostrava Orchestra would love to have me on Viola it seems. I guess I should not count my violas until they are tuned, a loose take on a common saying, but I am excited. I might have to have mum email me Bruch Romanze. I love that piece. but we will see.

Quick random notes:

Probably going to crash an AFS gathering in Prague this weekend after I found out that if you live near Prague, AFS goes on field trips every two weeks. SERIOUS city envy stemmed from this discovery.

Email me your addresses if you want a postcard. I am planning on buying some when i find them. P.S. I§ll email you mine if you have a hankering to write to me :D

Saw eclipse last night. My summary: Shirts come off of horrible actors, now let's kiss.

Really needs a better sense of direction. I got lost for like fifteen minutes in the town square this morning. It is about a three minute walk from school, and I have walked there from school.

Really needs to sleep more. My emotions are still crazy. I will be fine all day, then start unloading the dishwasher and burst into tears. For no reason! It is so frustrating.

Has never appreciated american towels so much. thanks, Mum and Papa.

Still not feeling the picture spirit, so you will have to wait.

Lots of Love!


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it doesn't help much, but I can definitely empathize on the frustration with crazy emotions.
    What might help is me telling you that you're incredibly strong and I wish I had your guts - to go live in a foreign country where you barely know the language for a year. You're amazing, and I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete